Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Young Marlon Brando

Young Marlon Brando gif

As you guys probably know, I'm into old and vintage things. But I never knew that I will enjoy watching black and white movies. Well, thanks to the man above.

Good God, the young Jor El was HOT.

Frankly I never watched any of Marlon Brando's movie but Superman before, and it used to be the oldest movie I had ever watched (Superman was released in 1975). But then my friend posted that animated GIF above in my Facebook timeline and I was like "WHO IS THIS GUY I SHOULD KNOW HIS NAME" lol joking. In that exact moment I knew he was now probably older than my granny or even already dead. I was right tho.


WHY I'm always attracted to characters that are not real?! Well in this case he was real. But already dead so it's the same.



This is a video I found on Youtube. A scene from a 50's movie called A Streetcar Named Desire, the movie that had brought him fame. Stanley Kowalski, the role he played, was a bad husband. He was so temperamental that he wouldn't hesitate to mistreat his wife, Stella. But what happened after their fight was... kinda sweet... I think. He would always come to her in the end, apologise, and hug her.

I still remember the scene when he cried and shouted his wife's name in front of his neighbour's house, where Stella was hiding right after their fight. Yes, I'm talking about that iconic "Hey, Stella!" scene.

In the end, Stella came out to meet him. She embraced her husband and let him sobbed in her arms.

Stanley Kowalski is the kind of man the most of girls like: masculine, powerful, aggressive, and yes, hot. But as a husband, no thank you.

Young Marlon Brando as Stanley Kowalski

Marlon Brando and Vivien Leigh

Marlon Brando and Vivien Leigh 2

One more video. See the animated gif up there? It was from a rare screen test of him for Rebel Without A Cause (1955). Eventually, he turned down the role and it was given to James Dean, who tragically, was found dead on a car accident just a month before the movie was released. For your info, James Dean idolised Brando so much that he imitated the way he act and dated the same women that he did. That's creepy for heaven's sake!

"That f**cking Jimmy doesn't just want to imitate me, he wants to be me!" Marlon said, quoted from Brando Unzipped, a book by Darwin Porter. Even the great James Dean wanted to be Marlon.


God, his southern accent was so alluring.

No comments:

Post a Comment