Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

This is why Elizabeth Bennet is my favourite character

Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet

Apart from her beauty, I think she and I are so similar. We both love laughing, walking, and her view about love and life are exactly the same as mine. But I couldn't deny that I and Mr. Darcy have a lot in common, too. We both awkward and shy.
"I certainly have not the talent which some people possess," said Darcy, "of conversing easily with those I have never seen before. I cannot catch their tone of conversation, or appear interested in their concern, as I often see done."

Mr. Darcy, Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

And my favourite quote from the film is:
"If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever.
If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on." - Mr. Darcy
I think the marriage proposal from the film is more romantic than the original. And Mr. Darcy said my name lol.

Mr. Darcy Proposal GIF

You should read the book or watch the film, at least. The story is simple and romantic, really describe the life of middle-to-high class British women in 18th century. I admire Jane Austen's words, very magnificent and touching. 

If you want to know more about Jane Austen, you should watch Becoming Jane and Miss Austen Regrets. Unlike most of novel she wrote, her love life was not very fortunate. I just read articles about her, it's written there that she died of tuberculosis and unmarried. Tragic, isn't it?
Only the deepest love will persuade me into matrimony, which is why I will end up an old maid. - Elizabeth Bennet 

No comments:

Post a Comment